Ghost Box Communication is Still a Mystery.
15 May 2014
The mechanism by which the Others communicate with us via the ghost box is a mystery. There is no positive, repeatable science regarding the formation of EVP, let alone ghost box communication.
That being said, there are some things that I have gleaned from countless hours using various ghost boxes. I hope that condensing these points into a manageable form will propagate other ghost box researchers to build upon these points via their research to create more finite definitions.
We simply do not know how this communication occurs.
Nobody is an “expert,” when it comes to ghost box communication, but there are those who have more “experiences.” With that being said, here is what we positively do know from ghost box experiences, ghost box recordings and ghost box builders:
- Radio tuners are used in ghost boxes;
- White noise is inherently generated from the continual scanning of a radio tuner;
- The commercial ghost box (PSB-7) that most everyone utilizes intentionally adds white noise;
- This continual scanning through available radio frequencies (AM or FM – ghost box dependent) occurs either randomly or linearly (ghost box dependent) at a rate that varies by the ghost box being used;
- Some ghost box scan rates are fixed, others are variable (ghost box dependent)
- Some ghost boxes allow the ghost box user to manipulate the amount of radio bandwidth that is heard from the scan;
- Ghost boxes do not work as well in a Faraday cage since they block RF signal (but EVP can be recorded in said cage); and
- Two-Way direct communication is produced.
There are several types of communication from the Others that has been produced over the years:
- Manipulated voices broadcast over the radio (including different voices forming a spoken communication that may utilize choruses, and sing-song voices in addition to standard speech);
- Manipulated songs broadcast over the radio;
- Unearthly or electronic voices are often heard;
- Voices of living humans known to the ghost boxer have been recorded on multiple occasions;
- Sometimes beeps will be heard before or after Breakthrough Communication;
- Clear, conversational quality Breakthrough Communication that has no radio broadcast manipulation occurs, and
- The culmination of the produced communication is tangible (names, nicknames, swear words, location specific information, etc.), but the process by which this communication is achieved by the other side is unknown.
We are sure that that there is conscious intent behind the communication.
And now for some speculative, scientifically ignorant, ghost box theory…
There are no cohesive theories which encompass the full span of ghost box communication. In a completely unscientific manner (since I am a scientific laymen), I have attempted to produce one here. This theory is based off of an idea that just popped into my head back in 2009 regarding the method by which ghost box communication occurs. I am hoping that one day I can sit down with a qualified scientist to flesh the possibility of this theory out.
That being said, here is my idea of how ghost box communication occurs.
- Sentient beings, not physically present, recognize when a box is turned on;
- The sentient beings then attempt to communicate with us either through thought or vocal communication;
- This communication has a frequency base (wavelengths) like all energy – in this instance it may be sound energy via vocal communication; or if they express themselves via conscious thought, it may be brain wave energy;
- White noise that is produced by the act of a radio tuner scan contains all audible frequencies;
- The energy expressed from the sentient beings has quantifiable wavelengths – vocal communication happens over hundreds of wavelengths (measured in Hertz, the base wavelengths of a male voice are typically 85hZ-180hZ and a female voice has typical base wavelengths of 165hZ-255hZ; note that all the frequencies used have paired frequencies, called harmonics, that go beyond our range of hearing);
- These wavelengths (and their subsequent harmonic pairs) match up wavelengths with the white noise, and/or raw audio (including broadcast voices, songs and song bits) produced from the random nature of radio tuner scanning;
- When these wavelengths match up, their wavelength amplitudes (volume) increase because the white noise makes the frequencies (both base and harmonic) expressed by the sentient beings stronger – this is a well known phenomenon called Stochastic Resonance (basically white noise carries a frequency with lesser amplitude and makes it louder than the white noise itself by the doubling of equal frequencies [as well as tripling, quadrupling, etc of the base frequency and it’s harmonic pairs]);
- With stochastic resonance, the sentient’s communication wavelengths (both base and harmonic) have an amplitude that is now loud enough to be heard through a speaker;
- This communication is received and becomes a ghost box communication.
Once again, I have no idea if this is the mechanism by which ghost box communication occurs, it is strictly intuition insofar as the words stochastic resonance popped into my head at a time when I had no concept of the term. To view an expanded version of the stochastic resonance hypothesis, please read this article.
I sincerely hope that a physicist, or other qualified scientist, will work through this one day to confirm, deny or add to this theory of ghost box communication.