Home » Topic » Retaining Physical and Emotional Personas After Death

Retaining Physical and Emotional Personas After Death

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Stephoria 2 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

ITC Voices
    Keymaster

A friend of ITC Voices, Daniel Reiter, posted a question in his Facebook group regarding the persistence of disabilities (mental illness, etc) after death.

This is a very interesting topic to consider and it garnered some interesting responses from colleagues in the field.

What are your thoughts on the topic? If one had a debilitating mental or physical illness in life, would that carry through in death?

As a personal observation, I have recorded at Asylums several times and have never recorded a voice that I thought was mentally ill. But, I have recorded more times than I can count voices claiming that they were shot, injured or hurting. That tells me that at the very least, when the spirit separates from the body, there are still residual feelings related to the physical from once held. I personally believe that when earthbound, you are closer to your physical self than to your spirit self. I think the balance is not weighed in the favor of the spirit self until the spirit returns to the source where it then sheds all physical/mental handicaps.

What are your thoughts on the topic?

~Tim Woolworth
    ghost box & ITC practitioner, observer and writer

Horatio:
    O day and night, but this is wondrous strange!

Hamlet:
    And therefore as a stranger give it welcome.
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
    Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

Hamlet Act 1, scene 5, 159–167

Shappy
    Participant

I believe an earthbound spirit has a greater potential of believing they are still ill after death then a spirit that has crossed over.

About a year ago a female spirit told me she was having trouble breathing, then she would make exhaling sounds. I have often wondered if she was unaware that she was dead and struggling with the sensation of breathing, if she knew she was dead, but still believed she was sick with an ailment that she had while living, or if she struggled to breath right before death and still believed she couldn’t catch her breath.

My dad had dementia when he died. He didn’t know who I was for the last couple years of his life. When I finally made contact with my dad, one of the firstthings he let me know is that he had his mind back. I believe my dad has crossed over, so I am under the assumption that when he crossed over his mind became clear again once he was in his spirit form or, possibly when he crossed over he was healed of any lingering ailments he carried from his time in human form.

ITC Voices
    Keymaster

I am glad that you made contact with your dad. I am also quite thrilled that he had his faculties back and was of sound mind. That anecdote is wonderful and goes a long way towards answering the question about mental abilities after passing through the veil.

Thank you for sharing.

~Tim Woolworth
    ghost box & ITC practitioner, observer and writer

Horatio:
    O day and night, but this is wondrous strange!

Hamlet:
    And therefore as a stranger give it welcome.
    There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
    Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

Hamlet Act 1, scene 5, 159–167

Stephoria
    Participant

Hi Tim, & Shappy. I’m in agreement with Shappy, after having similar experiences. I’m sorry to hear your father went through the suffering of dementia and glad he found peace, thank you for sharing.

My mother died just over seven years ago as a result of vascular dementia, I was extremely worried for her spirit, especially after I literally ran into her outside my bedroom door one night, on a trip to the bathroom. I stopped short of colliding with her and of course, she disappeared as soon as I recognised her. What disturbed me so much was her appearance, she looked like she had just come from the hospital bed where she died. I sent out thoughts everyday to my granny (my father’s mother with whom my mum got on with very well) to come find my mum and help her find her way. I cannot remember the time period but a short while later, I was travelling somewhere in a taxi and I became aware of my mum on psychic level, it wasn’t a presence, she handed me a rose (a relevant symbol) and said “you are right”, I took that to her confirming the existence of the spirit world and that she was ok.

I’d recently had a spirit, young man I think, who hung around for a long time, always insisting that I look away, that the wounds to his body were appalling, so much blood etc. I kept telling him that was unable to see him, only feel. I hope I managed to convince him he didn’t have to suffer any more. I’ve not felt him for some time now. It was possibly a young man that was stabbed to death a couple of years ago, in random attack as he waited for bus near to where I live.

Thank you both for giving me the opportunity to share my experiences.

Shappy
    Participant

Hi Stephoria,

Those were some very interesting, insightful, firsthand experiences that you had. Thank you for sharing!

I would like to believe that when leave our bodies we are immediately relieved of any and all physical and/or mental issues and that we are instantly restored to a normal, healthy, happy state. That may happen for some spirits, but that doesn’t seem to be the case for every spirit.

Here is an example of a male spirit that tells me “I’m sick.”

https://app.box.com/s/x7g1ztjeyfx9h43rpd9pcec1reeot7ke

For those interested. This is an unedited recording using the EVPMaker. I recorded audio from my Andy’s Box, cleaned up the audio and removed the audible words. The cleaned audio file was then run through the EVPMaker which turned the sound into gibberish.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by  Shappy.

Stephoria
    Participant

Great EVP Shappy, thanks for the info regarding the ghostbox you used.

I would like to believe the same thing. I am reminded of a quote, used in the film ‘Jacobs Ladder’, from Meister Eckert (a 13th Century German theologian/philospher) when the chiropractor Louis (Danny Aiello) helps relieve Jacob Singer (Tim Robbins) of his pain, I don’t know whether you know the film, this is the quote from it :-

“Eckert saw Hell, too. You know what he said? He said: ‘The only thing that burns in Hell, is the part of you that won’t let go of your life. Your memories, your attachments. They burn ’em all away. But they are not punishing you’, he said, ‘They’re freeing your soul’……So the way he sees it, if your frightened of dying and you’re holding on, you’ll see devils tearing your life away. But if you’ve made your peace, then the devils are really angels, freeing you from the earth. It’s just a matter of how you look at, that’s all.”

I suppose you could say that’s the reason why these spirits remain earth bound, the clues in the name, they can’t let go.

Love that movie, but it always breaks my heart 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

SHARE WITH FRIENDS: